Who is Eligible to Become a Member?
- Ex-members of 66 Bn AMF, 2RAR, 2/4RAR and serving members of 2RAR. Membership may include those of Corps, other than the Royal Australian Infantry Corps, eligible by Service with 2RAR and includes all or any ‘members of supporting arms or philanthropic organisations attached to 2RAR from time to time’ (including 2RAR MTF-3).
- Ex-service persons who have served with “Sister Battalions” of The Royal Australian Regiment, or persons currently serving, or will in future serve, with “Sister Battalions”, in any theatre of operations including Korea, Malaya, Borneo, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Rwanda, East Timor, Solomon Islands, Iraq, Timor Leste, Afghanistan or any future theatre of operations.
- Any direct relative of a person killed in action, died of wounds, or died from illness, in any theatre of operations while serving with 2RAR, and who would have been eligible for membership of the Association; such relatives to include spouse/partner, mother, father, brother, sister, children or grandchildren of such deceased person.
Why Should I Join?
Here’s few reasons why we think you should join us:
- Reconnect with and refresh army mateship
- Make new friends with a common history i.e. service in 2RAR
- Rekindle the camaraderie resulting from previous service in 2RAR
- The Association provides the opportunity to become involved in assisting other veterans in various ways.
- Contribute to and assist in the maintenance of the history of 2RAR
- Get the latest news on what’s happening inside and outside the battalion.
- Gain a better understanding of the ‘mateship’ that is the basis of military service
- Experience the warmth and compassion of the 2RAR family
- Meet other past members of 2RAR who have served with the family member.
To join the Association, download an application form (Click here), print the application form, complete your details and mail the form to 2RAR Association, PO Box 1097, Toombul QLD 4012