2nd Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment Association
Brisbane QLD – 17 to 21 May 2017
This is a National 5-Year Reunion for everyone who served in 2RAR or 2/4RAR. The last National Reunion was held in Townsville in July 2012. You do not need to be an Association member to come to the reunion. Rally your mates and make this a memorable reuniting of past comrades-in-arms. Spouses/partners/families are most welcome however it is essential that all attendees are registered.
Our New Zealand mates will be warmly welcomed. Come over to Brisbane and let’s stand shoulder to shoulder again in the spirit of comradeship.
Encourage your mates to come along even though they may not have been to a reunion before. It will be a chance to let go and enjoy the company of the 2RAR Family.
Brisbane is at its best in May – enjoy the friendly welcome, the warm weather and perfect days.
Registration. See below
Wednesday 17th May 2017
Sub-unit/group reunions – this is up to you to organise
Thursday 18th May 2017
8.00am to 4.30pm Registration/Check in
4.30pm to 7.00pm Welcome Function at The Courier Mail Piazza, South Bank Brisbane – Dress neat casual
Friday 19th May 2017
8.00am Buses commence pick-up on various routes
10.00am Commemorative Service at the Reflection Centre, National Memorial Walk, Gallipoli Barracks Enoggera – Dress Neat casual, medals optional
11.30am Tour of National Memorial Walk
12.30pm Lunch service commences
Afternoon Embus for return to accommodation
Saturday 20th May 2017
From 8.00am Free
6.00pm Assemble for Reunion Dinner at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Grey Street Entrance, South Bank Brisbane – Dress: Gentlemen – jacket, Ladies – After Five
12.00am Dinner concludes
Sunday 21st May 2017
11.30am “Dismissal Parade”
Ladies: Lunch and drinks at Pony Dining at 45 Eagle St, Brisbane City QLD 4000 (beautiful restaurant with magnificent views over the Brisbane River) – Dress Neat casual
Men: Barbecue lunch and drinks at The Breakfast Creek Hotel – Brisbane’s iconic hotel – Dress Neat casual
Download a Registration Form here and follow the instruction
Please book as early as possible and pocket the savings!
So what do you get for the registration fee?
- Welcome bag on arrival in Brisbane
- Reunion name tag and program on a lanyard
- Welcome function (finger food and beverages) at The Piazza South Bank, Brisbane. Dress is neat casual attire
- Reunion Dinner – served 2-course dinner with beverages for 4 hours, entertainment, dancing and audio-visual presentation – Dress: Gentlemen – jacket (tie not required), Ladies – After Five
- Commemorative Service, Lunch (free buses to and from Enoggera, spit roast and beverages) at Enoggera and static Infantry weapons and vehicle display. Dress neat casual, medals optional
- Casual “dismissal parade”: Men are at the Breakfast Creek Hotel for BBQ and drinks and the ladies are at a relaxing riverside restaurant for lunch and drinks at Pony Dining. Dress for ladies and gentlemen is neat casual.
- Professional company to provide a registration service and event management